At Brookwood, our ethos and values are integral to what we do. These are encapsulated in our Brookwood 6, which form the basis of the behaviours we encourage from staff and children alike.
- Try my best to help myself and others learn
- Be kind, respectful and polite to everyone
- Listen to and follow instructions
- Care for the school’s and other people’s property
- Keep myself and others safe
- Tell the truth
Our behaviour policy is built around our Brookwood 6, rewarding those who achieve it consistently, but giving the basis for us to work on improving the choices of those who do not.
Our Brookwood 6, builds resilience and a sense of self, and community responsibility. Visitors to school often comment on how the school has a ‘family atmosphere’, which we believe has grown as a result of this set of values. It has its foundations in the United Nations-recognised Golden Rule bridging nationalities, creeds and colours - "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".