The aims of our curriculum are:
- To ensure that pupils make accelerated progress, making them well prepared for the next step of their education
- To provide a flexible, inspiring approach to learning
- To help children be self-motivated learners who are able to apply their skills to a range of learning experience including solving problems, investigating and exploring
- To provide a range of exciting learning experiences which help children to question their world
- To make connections across different subjects, enhancing children’s understanding and creating lifelong learners
- To develop an understanding of how to use technology to discover more
Each day at Brookwood starts and ends with reading followed by phonics, English and Maths. In addition, each class receives a daily grammar session to complete their morning learning. In the afternoons, the children enjoy a newly designed broad and balanced curriculum. After lunch the children receive two lessons with a short break in between. Together with staff and children, we have designed a timetable to inspire and excite the children. Each lesson has a clear purpose and learning intention filled with key questions which encourage children to research, investigate and experiment to find the answers, thereby deepening knowledge. All children will now leave Brookwood with the ability to play an instrument, speak a different language and be ready to start secondary school full of aspiration and belief. Below is an example of our new timetable.