All uniform items, of good quality and reasonably priced, are available from Griffiths by Valentino at Knaphill but parents may seek exact alternatives from other suppliers if they wish for all items except the items of uniform with a school logo i.e. sweatshirts, polo tops and PE T-shirt.
Brookwood Primary School welcomes children from all backgrounds and faith communities. If there are serious reasons, for example on religious grounds, why a parent/carer wants their child to wear clothes that differ from the school uniform, the school will consider such requests. If a parent/carer would like to request an exception to the uniform policy, they should speak with the Headteacher.
The school reserves the right to decide if a pupil is unsafely or unsuitably dressed.
It is preferred that jewellery of any kind should not be worn. If you do choose for your child to wear jewellery, only small, plain gold or silver stud earrings may be worn by children with pierced ears. These must be removed independently by the child before PE lessons or other outdoor activities, to prevent them from causing injury. It is recommended that children only have their ears pierced at the beginning of the 6 weeks summer school break.
A standard analogue or digital watch may be worn. Watches that are internet enabled, Bluetooth enabled or have the capacity for messaging, voice or image recording are not permitted under any circumstances. The school reserves the right to ask children wearing any watches of this category to remove them, and the watch will be stored securely by office staff until the end of the day when it should be collected by a parent or carer.
- Plain mid grey straight legged school uniform trousers/skirt/pinafore dress/skort or tailored shorts. Skirts/pinafore dresses should lay just above or below the knee. Shorts/skorts must be knee length
- Gold cotton/polyester short sleeved polo top, preferably embroidered with the school logo (please note that non logo polo tops must be gold not yellow). Children should have at least one polo top with a logo.
- Long sleeved emerald green cotton/polyester sweatshirt/cardigan with embroidered school logo
- Plain grey or black socks (not trainer socks). White socks may be worn with a summer dress
- Plain grey or black (winter weight) tights
- Plain grey, black or emerald green hijab. These should be elasticated so that they are safe when participating in PE
- Plain grey, black or emerald green hair accessories (no large bows or loose ribbons)
Additionally, in summer (April-September) children may wear:
- Green/white checked summer dress
- White socks
All children are required to wear plain black shoes. Trainers (unless PE), boots and sandals are not permitted to be worn. School shoes should be completely black with no logos or white/coloured soles. For health and safety reasons, we do not allow children to wear shoes with platform soles or high heels.
Physical Education Kit
- Plain black sport shorts
- Emerald green short sleeved PE T-shirt with school logo
- Plain black tracksuit
- A sensible warm/waterproof coat. (You can purchase a Brookwood School coat from Valentino Schoolwear if you choose)
- Sensible hats and gloves may be worn as needed (outside). School logo baseball caps/wool beanie can be purchased from Valentino.